The MILEPOST® Quick Reference Log
Miles from Great Falls (GF) shown.
- GF 0 GREAT FALLS (pop. 58,950); all services.
- GF 86 Exit 364 to Lewis & Clark RV Park.
- GF 119.5 U.S.–Canada border (Sweetgrass, MT/Coutts, AB). Shared U.S.–Canada Port-of-Entry; 24-hour customs and immigration.
- GF 131.5 Milk River Travel Information Centre and 8 Flags Campground (seasonal).
- GF 182.5 LETHBRIDGE (pop. 87,882) at junction of Highways 3, 4 and 5; all services. Lodging, camping, visitor information.
- GF 187.5 Bridgeview RV Resort; camping.
- GF 216 FORT MACLEOD (pop. 3,072), "Home of the North West Mounted Police," at junction of Highways 1 and 3; all services. Lodging at the Sunset Motel (email). Visitor information at the Fort Museum of the Northwest Mounted Police.
- GF 217.5 Junction with Highway 2 north to Calgary.
- GF 219 Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, a World Heritage Site.
- GF 241.5 CLARESHOLM (pop. 3,700); all services. Lazy J Motel, toll-free 1-888-625-3899.
- GF 319 CALGARY (pop. 1,065,455), one of Alberta's 2 major population centers; all services available. Visitor information.
- GF 321 Junction with Trans-Canada Highway 1 west to Banff (79 miles), Lake Louise (113 miles) and Icefields Parkway to Jasper (259 miles).
- GF 344 Junction with Highway 72 east to Royal Tyrrell Museum at Drumheller (60 miles) in Canadian Badlands.
- GF 406.5 RED DEER (pop. 90,084); all services.
- GF 413 RV There Yet Campground.
- GF 488 Exit 525 Devon Bypass via Highways 19/60) bypasses Edmonton. DEVON (pop. 6,534), 8.6 miles east of Highway 2, has all services. Visitor information. Area attraction: Devonian Botanic Garden, Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre.
- GF 505.5 Exit west on Highway 2 for West Edmonton Mall.
- GF 509 EDMONTON (pop. 782,439), capital of Alberta; all services. Visitor information. Attractions include Fort Edmonton Park, Muttart Conservatory and Valley Zoo.
- GF 513 Junction of Highway 16A West with Devon Bypass/Highway 60; access south to Glowing Embers Travel Center & RV Park.
- GF 519 SPRUCE GROVE (pop. 24,646); all services. Area attraction: Spruce Grove Grain Elevator.
- GF 522.5 STONY PLAIN (pop. 14,117); all services. Camping at Camp n' Class RV Park. Attraction: outdoor murals.
- GF 532 Junction of Highway 16A with Highway 43 North; exit northeast to Whitecourt and Valleyview.
- GF 588 MAYERTHORPE (pop. 1,447); food, gas, lodging. Fallen Four Memorial Park.
- GF 613 WHITECOURT (pop. 9,202); all services. Lodging at Holiday Inn Express; dining and gambling at Eagle River Casino. Visitor information at Whitecourt & District Forest Interpretive Centre.
- GF 665 FOX CREEK (pop. 2,278); all services.
- GF 688.5 Poplar Ridge RV Park & Campground, open May to September, 30-amp service, phone 780-524-3912.
- GF 717 VALLEYVIEW (pop. 1,884); all services. Visitor information.
- GF 719 Junction with Highways 49/2 north to Peace River and Mackenzie Route to Northwest Territories (Deh Cho Travel).
- GF 783 Junction with Highway 2 north to Grimshaw, Mile Zero of the Mackenzie Highway to Northwest Territories (Deh Cho Travel).
- GF 786 GRANDE PRAIRIE (pop. 50,227); all services. Visitor information. Camping at Country Roads RV Park, Camp Tamarack RV Park and Nitehawk Wilderness RV Park.
- GF 790 Junction with Highway 40 (Bighorn Route) south 114 miles to Grande Cache, 202 miles to Yellowhead Highway 16.
- GF 814.5 BEAVERLODGE (pop. 2,264); all services.Visitor information.
- GF 845.5 Alberta–British Columbia border.
- GF 847.5 Junction with Heritage Highway 52, which leads south 91 miles to Tumbler Ridge.
- GF 872 DAWSON CREEK, Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway.