The MILEPOST® Quick Reference Log
Miles from Great Falls (GF) shown.
- GF 0 GREAT FALLS (pop. 58,950); all services.
- GF 86 Exit 364 to Lewis & Clark RV Park.
- GF 119.5 U.S.–Canada border (Sweetgrass, MT/Coutts, AB). Shared U.S.–Canada Port-of-Entry; 24-hour customs and immigration.
- GF 131.5 Milk River Travel Information Centre and 8 Flags Campground (seasonal).
- GF 182.5 LETHBRIDGE (pop. 87,882) at junction of Highways 3, 4 and 5; all services. Lodging, camping, visitor information. Attractions include Fort Whoopup, the Galt Museum, Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden and the Mormon Trail.
- GF 187.5 Bridgeview RV Resort; camping.
- GF 216 FORT MACLEOD (pop. 3,072), "Home of the North West Mounted Police," at junction of Highways 1 and 3; all services. Lodging at the Sunset Motel (email). Visitor information at the Fort Museum of the Northwest Mounted Police.
- GF 217.5 Junction with Highway 2 north to Calgary.
- GF 219 Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, a World Heritage Site.
- GF 241.5 CLARESHOLM (pop. 3,700); all services. Lazy J Motel, toll-free 1-888-625-3899.
- GF 319 CALGARY (pop. 1,065,455), one of Alberta's 2 major population centers; all services available. Visitor information. Major attractions include Heritage Park Historical Village, Canada Olympic Park, Calgary Zoo, Glenbow Museum, Fort Calgary, Calgary Tower and the Aero Space Museum. The Calgary Stampede takes place in July.
- GF 321 Junction with Trans-Canada Highway 1 west to Banff (79 miles), Lake Louise (113 miles) and Icefields Parkway to Jasper (259 miles).
- GF 344 Junction with Highway 72 east to Royal Tyrrell Museum at Drumheller (60 miles) in Canadian Badlands. The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is presented in Drumheller in July.
- GF 406.5 RED DEER (pop. 90,084); all services.
- GF 413 RV There Yet Campground.
- GF 488 Exit 525 Devon Bypass via Highways 19/60) bypasses Edmonton. DEVON (pop. 6,534), 8.6 miles east of Highway 2, has all services. Visitor information. Area attraction: Devonian Botanic Garden, Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre.
- GF 505.5 Exit west on Highway 2 for West Edmonton Mall.
- GF 509 EDMONTON (pop. 782,439), capital of Alberta; all services. Visitor information. Attractions include Fort Edmonton Park, Muttart Conservatory, Art Gallery of Alberta, the Alberta Legislature Building (free guided tour), the Royal Alberta Museum, Telus World of Science and Edmonton Valley Zoo. Edmonton is known as "Canada's Festival City" for its many annual events.
- GF 513 Junction of Highway 16A West with Devon Bypass/Highway 60; access south to Glowing Embers Travel Center & RV Park.
- GF 519 SPRUCE GROVE (pop. 24,646); all services. Area attraction: Spruce Grove Grain Elevator.
- GF 522.5 STONY PLAIN (pop. 14,117); all services. Camping at Camp n' Class RV Park. Attraction: outdoor murals.
- GF 532 Junction of Highway 16A with Highway 43 North; exit northeast to Whitecourt and Valleyview.
- GF 588 MAYERTHORPE (pop. 1,447); food, gas, lodging. Fallen Four Memorial Park.
- GF 613 WHITECOURT (pop. 9,202); all services. Camping at Lion's Campground. Visitor information at Whitecourt & District Forest Interpretive Centre.
- GF 665 FOX CREEK (pop. 2,278); all services.
- GF 688.5 Poplar Ridge RV Park & Campground, open May to September, 30-amp service, phone 780-524-3912.
- GF 717 VALLEYVIEW (pop. 1,884); all services. Visitor information.
- GF 719 Junction with Highways 49/2 north to Peace River and Mackenzie Route to Northwest Territories (Deh Cho Travel).
- GF 783 Junction with Highway 2 north to Grimshaw, Mile Zero of the Mackenzie Highway to Northwest Territories (Deh Cho Travel).
- GF 786 GRANDE PRAIRIE (pop. 50,227); all services. Visitor information. Camping at Country Roads RV Park, Camp Tamarack RV Park and Nitehawk Wilderness RV Park.
- GF 790 Junction with Highway 40 (Bighorn Route) south 114 miles to Grande Cache, 202 miles to Yellowhead Highway 16.
- GF 814.5 BEAVERLODGE (pop. 2,264); all services.Visitor information.
- GF 845.5 Alberta–British Columbia border.
- GF 847.5 Junction with Heritage Highway 52, which leads south 91 miles to Tumbler Ridge.
- GF 872 DAWSON CREEK, Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway.