Teslin is located at Historic Milepost 804 on the Alaska Highway , 164 miles northwest of Watson Lake and 107 miles south of Whitehorse.
Visitor Information: Village of Teslin.
|Situated at the confluence of the Nisutlin River and Teslin Lake by Nisutlin Bay, Teslin began as a Tlingit summer fish camp. The Hudson Bay Co. established a trading post here during the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush. The HBC post closed and Nisutlin Trading Post opened in 1903. Today the community consists of the historic trading post, an Anglican Church (established 1906), a Catholic church (established in 1938), a health centre, library and post office. Teslin is a prosperous community with one of the largest Native populations in Yukon Territory. Much of the community’s livelihood revolves around traditional hunting, trapping, fishing and heritage crafts.
Visitor services in Teslin include dining, lodging, gas/diesel and camping at Yukon Motel & Restaurant. Camping north of town at Teslin Lake Yukon Government Campground.