Haines Junction is located at Historic Milepost 1016 of the Alaska Highway, at the junction of the Alaska and Haines highways.
Visitor Information: Village of Haines Junction and Yukon/Kluane National Parks Visitor Centre in Da Ku Cultural Centre; open daily mid-May to September.
|Haines Junction was established in 1942 during construction of the Alaska Highway. In 1943, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers completed a branch road—today’s Haines Highway— connecting the Alaska Highway with the port of Haines on Lynn Canal. Haines Junction is on the eastern boundary of Kluane National Park and Reserve.
Haines Junction offers accommodations (Parkside Inn), gas stations (Fas Gas, North 60˚Petro Express) and places to eat (The Raven, Frosty's). Convenience store and RV camping at Fas Gas. The Government Administration Building contains the liquor store and library. There is garage service, a bank (in the post office), an RCMP office, health centre and a convention centre.