Houston is located on Yellowhead Highway 16, approximately 190 miles west of Prince George.
|Houston was a tie-cutting centre during construction of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway in 1912. It was named for Prince Rupert newspaperman John Houston, the former mayor of Nelson, BC. Logging continued to support the local economy in the 1940s and 1950s, and Houston was incorporated as a village in 1957. The main industry in Houston today is still forest products along with copper mining.
Houston has all visitor facilities, including food, gas, lodging; camping at Shady Rest RV Park; a shopping centre and golf courses.