Valley view is located 208 miles northwest of Edmonton and 155 miles southeast of Dawson Creek, BC, at the junction of Highways 43 and 49.
|Originally called Red Willow Creek when it was homesteaded in 1916, Valleyview boomed with the discovery of oil and gas in the 1950s, and services grew along with the population. Today, Valleyview’s diversified economy includes oil and gas, forestry, tourism, agriculture and government services. Valleyview is known as the “Portal to the Peace” because Highways 49/2 lead north 88 miles/142 km to the community of Peace River and another 13 miles/21 km to connect with the Mackenzie Highway to Northwest Territories. Valleyview has all visitor services, including food and lodging, and gas, diesel and propane. Municipal campground at north end of town. Valleyview has a laundromat, grocery, liquor store, clothing and hardware stores, gift shops, banks, a post office, churches and library.|